Saturday, September 4, 2010

Welcome to Books and Movies with Inez

I've been addicted to books for as long as I can remember.  I rarely go anywhere without easy access to a book, or something to read.  I can't understand how people can, for example, sit waiting for a medical (or any kind of) appointment, without something to occupy themselves.  What a fantastic chance that is, to read more of my current book, without feeling guilty that I should be doing other tasks instead of reading for pleasure.

As a child, I would have absolutely loved to have had the technological resources that are available today.  I can remember sitting in front of our television with our tape recorder, so I could record songs from programs, that I could play back and sing along to later.  Oh to have had video, DVD,  itunes and You Tube back then - heaven.

One of the two TV stations we could receive, had a Saturday afternoon movie at 3pm.  It was usually something pretty old, like 'Cat Ballou', but I enjoyed them regardless These days, I most frequently watch movies while standing at the kitchen bench, preparing food for the family - hey, I'm still getting to watch and hear the movie, even if I'm not actually seeing every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment